Thursday, April 23, 2009

I've been putting up with this pain long enough. So, last week I went to the doctor (4/13/09) and talked about how I was feeling. He sent me over to the clinic for x-rays and I later got a call telling me that the arthritis isn't in my hip, like I thought. It's in my spine, the sacrum - to be exact, and the arthritis is on the spot where the pelvis is attached. No wonder I hurt! The pain is radiating outward so that's why I'm so sore after I work-out or walk too much.

In order to maintain my mobility, I've signed up for basic yoga classes at the Y. It should help me get my strength built up in my lower back and it sure would be nice to get all that loose skin tightened up. I have plenty of that hanging around since I've lost all this weight. It might also help me lose the last 40 pounds I need to get rid of.

I'm to go to class on Mondays and Thursdays at 9 am. I have a feeling I'm going to need lots of ibuprophen to start out with but eventually, things should get better. I'm actually looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment