Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's been over a year so obviously I'm no good at this blog stuff. Today, it's cold and rainy. Suits my mood perfectly.

I'm tired. Tired of so much of what I see and hear on the news. Why do I bother watching it? I guess it's good to know what's going on out there but it sometimes sickens me.

I'm tired of hearing about how many people murder each other every night in Detroit.

I'm tired of the fact that now that I have Direct TV, I can only get the Detroit news channels, even though I live 3/10 of a mile from the state line and Toledo, OH. I'm in Toledo a lot each week so it's more practical for me to get the news from there but Direct TV has a contract that says we get Detroit stations. Blah!

I'm tired of politics. I see the right wing Republicans, (who some call themselves Christians, by the way), commit verbal assassination on anyone who doesn't vote or think like they do. They call themselves Christians but they don't act like it. I'm not perfect, by no means. I didn't like Bush at all. But, I didn't announce it to everyone on the Internet. Paul heard my comments and agreed but we kept our comments behind closed doors. It's okay if you don't agree with me. Personally, I don't care. But, if you don't agree, be nice about it. I don't say much about how I feel because I know there are a lot of people I personally know who are Republican and I love them all dearly so I keep my mouth shut. I don't want to hurt their feelings. They mean too much to me.

We're going to go up to see Michael this weekend. I love visiting him. He's very funny and sweet and appreciative of the long drive (6 hours). We stay at Paul's brother's place. Jim and Sheila are wonderful hosts and we always have a great visit with them, which is a sweet bonus. And, since we're not going to be to church, it means that I have to get the breakfast stuff and drop it off before we leave. I think we're out of bagels. Paul and I buy them. It's a little way to say, "I love You!" to our family there. We also promised Phyllis that we'd work on the flower beds this week, but it's been raining so much, we haven't gotten them done. But, today is Tuesday and it's supposed to be sunny and warm tomorrow so I expect we'll get over there then.

Tonight is the Rhino dinner. We don't eat rhinos. It's the name of our supper club. (Long story). I'm looking forward to getting out of here. Cabin fever has set in and I'm bored to death.

I think I've killed over 50 ants on my window sill in my office, as of this morning. I don't know where they are coming in but they're in the office, the bathroom and the kitchen. They try to sneak by me but I worry that for each one I see, there's dozens hiding somewhere, waiting to run the gauntlet. AH, there's another one! SMUSH! Someone told me that ants don't like cinnamon. I should dust the baseboards. My office would smell good! SMUSH! There's another one. On my hand, no less. Paul's brother suggested we dry them and throw them into Chex mix. His niece suggested we cover them with chocolate and eat them. NO WAY! I love chocolate and I'll eat almost anything if it's covered with chocolate. BUT, not bugs. (SMUSH! There's two more dead!)

I need to go get dressed. Paul left for the union all and the credit union in Rossford and I'm still sitting here in my jamies and robe. He'll be disappointed if he gets back and I'm still not dressed. I'm slower than a dead ant in the mornings.

So, I'm done for today. I will probably write again in another year. But, I might surprise myself and write sooner. I can't say. I don't know. And I'm tired so I won't promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment